Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Conflict at the Carrock

Including the Lorien Cloak for this adventure.

Setup: Shuffle in one Sacked card, 2 threat Carrock in the staging area. I mulligan my opening hand and get:
Refugee, Tracker, Zigil Miner; Unexpected Courage, Vilya, A Test of Will, Runes.

Play Expert Treasure Hunter off the top (on Gandalf), revealing Elrond's Counsel (to be played next phase). Play the Zigil miner, and quest for 4 (Gandalf + Miner only).

Muck adder is my reveal, so I make 1 progress (playing Elrond's Counsel on Galadriel, just for the threat reduction). Before resolving the quest, I go hunting for a Hidden Cache, which I find after just playing Runes (+2 resources on Elrond, by taking it into hand with Treasure Seeker). I also chose to draw Flame of Anor (for future troll hunting). I dig further, looking for Hasty Stroke, but don't find it.

Elrond defends the Muck Adder, shadow card is just a River, so no damage (whew). Refresh, and move on to

Round 2: 30 Threat. 5 resources, Engaged Muck Adder.

I mine off another Hidden Cache, resulting in a second Unexpected Courage being discarded (the first went for the Runes, the last is in my hand). Play Riversong off the top. Use Vilya to play Boromir (revealing Beoren), and play Unexpected Courage, Silvan Refugee, and Light of Valinor from hand. This leaves 2 Northern Trackers, A Test of Will, Flame of Anor, and Warden of Healing in my hand, and 2 resources on Elrond.

Questing for 10 (sure, why not, it only exhausts Gandalf) I encounter a hill troll, and move on to Stage 2. Galadriel lowers my Threat to 29, so I can face the trolls at my leisure.

I decide to face Louis (trolls raise my threat by 1). Elrond blocks Muck Adder again. Boromir blocks Louis (5 attack with The Carrock bonus, Boromir at 3 defense, -1 from a shadow card) Boromir takes 3 damage and readies.

Boromir, and Riversong attack the muck adder, taking that annoyance out of the picture.

Round 3
I mill off my Hasty Stroke, revealing A Burning Brand. Brand goes on Elrond, revealing Will of the West.

Play Gandalf's Staff, and Warden of Healing from hand, then quest for 9 (against 8 threat) with Gandalf, Elrond, Refugee, and Warden. Shadow card is Roasted Slowly... which just does nothing! One progress on The Carrock, take Will of the West into hand (revealing Dwarven Tomb).

I use Vilya to play Dwarven Tomb, and play Elrond's Counsel to get back to 29 Threat, so I just take another attack from Louis. Elrond defends, and takes 2 damage (healed by warden).

Counter-attack Louis for 4, dealing 1 damage. Raise threat to 32, then to 33 as we go to

Round 4

Vilya in Faramir, play Expert Treasure Hunter, draw Warden, Staff to draw (and play) Cloak of Lorien, end with Beoren on top of deck.

Quest for 14, but reveal River Langfrod, meaning I fail by 1, going back to 33 Threat. Hill Troll engages.

Elrond blocks the 7 attack Hill Troll with his 4 defense, taking 3 damage. Boromir blocks Louis with his 3 defense, Shadow card makes him 7 attack, killing him and the refugee. This kills me, as I no longer have enough attack power to kill Louis. (6 from Flame of Anor, 3 from Gandalf, 2 extra is only 11, and I need 13. Even the Hill Troll requires 12) Apparently engaging Louis was a mistake.

Will have to re-deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment