Friday, September 12, 2014

I have a lot of thoughts

I keep having thoughts about how things work, and don't work, but I often forget them. Hopefully by having a single place (in the cloud) to write them, I can remember them better. Also, I might eventually get feedback, and that will improve my thoughts.

Topics to review:
Game Design
Economics
Politics
Project Management
Software Testing
Mawwaige
Movie, TV, and Book Reviews
Game strategies
Criminal Justice, and other Utopian Ideals
Food and Wine reviews
Proper use of Capitalization

I don't really have any qualifications in any of the above, beyond being 2+ standard deviations above the mean in Intelligence, and having a few years of Experience.

I've had a bunch of Education:

  • Biotech lab work (HS)
  • General Chemistry, Physics, Math, English, History (HS)
  • Calculus and Differential Equations (College)
  • Theater (HS)
  • Violin (Elementary School)
  • Basic sketching (PBS special)
  • Project Management (UCSD Extention)
  • SCRUM master training (corporate education)
  • CS 101, in C (College)
  • BS in Chemical Engineering
  • Social Psychology (College)
  • Philosophy of Ethics (College)
  • Women's Studies (College)
  • Water Chemistry (College)
  • Theories of Law Education (From watching presentations and classes)
  • CS Theory (read-along with my mom's MS in CS)
I've had a few other Experiences:
  • Played Magic: The Gathering from age 13-28, with a few gaps (including now)
  • Magic: The Gathering rating at about the 10th percentile, before it was abolished.
  • Played just about every single trading card game released between 1996 and 2000
  • Was on the VS System Pro Circuit 5 times (out of the 8 that were held), with a mean, median, and modal finish of Day 2, no prize.
  • Married almost 3 years
  • Two dogs
  • Many rats
  • Several cats
  • One house, bought and maintained for 2 years
  • Bicycled everywhere until I was 18
  • Project coordinator for a construction/home repair company for 1 year
  • Analyzed engineering drawings for part content, and to re-draw them isometrically
  • Helped develop and test an Enterprise level application
  • Test lead & project manager for ongoing deployments & smaller software products
  • Lived in New York, San Diego, North San Diego County, and South Orange County (LA)
  • Visited Mexico (Guadalajara) and London (Greenwich) for extended stays
  • Vacation trips through most States west of the Mississippi, Paris, Edinburgh, Washington DC
  • Visited all the museums around Central Park, as well as the rest of the park. On many occasions. 

So, that's me so far. Let's see how long I can keep up with the goal of writing something meaningful every day. I've got quite a backlog in my brain, so it should work out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment